SMT-V is the open-access, peer-reviewed video journal of the Society for Music Theory. Founded in 2014, SMT-V publishes video essays that showcase research in music theory in a dynamic, audiovisual format, presented so as to have the potential to engage both specialists within the field as well as interested viewers outside the music theory community. The journal features a supportive and collaborative production process, and publishes several videos each year.
SMT-V’s ISSN is 2689-5471.
SMT-V is overseen by an Editor who organizes the vetting of the videos, along with an Associate Editor who aids with the technical details. Members of the editorial board help to vet submitted videos.
Those wishing to publish a video on SMT-V should first submit a written proposal summarizing the proposed project. If the proposed project is deemed appropriate, the author will be invited to submit a draft of a storyboard or script. Upon acceptance of the script, the author will be invited to produce a full video in conjunction with guidance and assessment from selected members of the Editorial Board. Details regarding the submission process are found here.
If you have any questions about the process, please feel free to contact the SMT-V Editor.
Editor: Megan Kaes Long (Oberlin College): SMT-Vfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Associate Editor: Jonathan De Souza (University of Western Ontario): SMT-Vemail@example.com.
Members at Large
- Christopher Brody, University of Louisville (2023)
- Juan Chattah, University of Miami (2023)
- Jeremy Day-O’Connell, Skidmore College (2022)
- Tomoko Deguchi, Winthrop University (2023)
- Kristina Knowles, Arizona State University (2023)
- Kara Yoo Leaman, Oberlin College and Conservatory (2022)
- Victoria Malawey, Macalester College (2024)
- Tahirih Motazedian, Vassar College (2024)
- Joon Park, University of Arkansas (2024)
- Alexander Rehding, Harvard University (2024)
- Cara Stroud, Michigan State University (2022)
- John Turci-Escobar, University of Texas-Austin (2022)
Web Editor: William O’Hara (Gettysburg College): firstname.lastname@example.org